Cloth Diaper Stash

When I got pregnant, I did a lot of research on cloth diapering. I watched a lot of Youtube videos of mommies sharing what's in their stash and giving tips and recommendations. I was super interested and had my whole heart set on doing cloth diapers for my baby. 

Depending on the kind of system you choose, cloth diapering can be expensive (although it's just a one-time up front cost). Still, it is so much cheaper than using disposables. There are diaper covers ranging from $15-40. Since money was a little tight, I decided to get just the cheapie ones from Ebay. I got them for only $5-6 each. I'm going to share with you my cloth diaper stash. I don't even know if I could call it a stash as it's not very many, but anyways, this is what I have for now (I have more flats but most of them were being washed when I took pictures):

My Current Stash: 
4 pocket diapers
3 diaper covers
25 flats



When Henson was born, we were doing disposables for a while because he was too small to fit in the cloth diapers. After about a month, we transitioned to cloth. I went with the Flats + Covers system so I bought flour sack towels from Walmart for $7.88. I read somewhere that they work really well, and they're 100% cotton. They're lint free, easy to wash, and dry fast.

Surprisingly, what we have now is enough for Henson. We use disposables at night though and whenever we're out or we travel, just for convenience (I'm thinking of fully transitioning to cloth once I have more in my stash). Believe me, I was so close to buying those high end ones like BumGenius, Thirsties, AppleCheeks, Rumparooz, Charlie Banana, and so on... but after a lot of thinking I went and bought just a few Alva Baby ones. I wanted to try out the cheap ones first, I figured I could just add or buy the more expensive brands if those didn't work.

Cloth diapers are bulkier than disposables, but I don't mind.
I don't really like pocket diapers, to be honest. I don't like putting inserts in the pockets and I don't like poop or pee staining the lining of the pocket diaper. Flats and covers are just so much easier. I fold my flats a certain way and then just lay it on the diaper cover. Easy peasy. And since I do have pocket diapers in my stash, I just use them the same way I use my covers.


At first I was worried about whether or not I could pull this off. But turns out, it really is pretty easy. The Alva diapers worked really good as long as I changed him at least every 2 hours. If I forget to change him, he'll soak through those covers. As long as the covers are not soaked, I reuse them throughout the day. We do laundry every other day; so if you don't want to do laundry that often, just get more flats and covers so you can rotate them.

Eventually, I'll probably add more to my stash. I'll buy the more expensive ones just to try them out and see if there's really a big difference in the quality and functionality. I like seeing other people's diaper stash, so feel free to send me pictures of yours!

Be inspired,


Cloth Diaper Stash Cloth Diaper Stash Reviewed by K on 6:54 AM Rating: 5

No comments: