Let's Talk Baby Bottles

Choosing the right baby bottle can be a daunting task. There are so many choices out there that it's hard to pick out which one is best for your baby. Like any other mom, I did some research and I was drawn towards glass bottles. My husband and I just don't like the idea of our baby drinking from a plastic bottle. We also love stainless steel and mainly drink from them ourselves, so why not baby, right? I started looking up stainless steel baby bottles. These are the bottles we've used for Henson:

Dr. Brown's Glass Bottles

5 oz bottles, 3-count for $19.99
These come in 4oz and 9oz bottles. I like Dr. Brown's bottles because of the way the nipples are shaped. They are designed to have a vent system that removes air from milk and reduces feeding problems like colic, spit up and gas. Note that it doesn't eliminate these issues, it just reduces them. Some moms are saying that they didn't notice any difference in spit ups and gas when they compare it to other brands. For me, I can't really say because we used this exclusively when Henson was younger.

PROS
  • BPA, PVC, Lead and Phthalate FREE
  • Easy to warm up/cool down (just submerge in hot water for a couple of minutes or put under hot running tap water from faucet)
CONS
  • Breakable
  • More parts to clean (I use Dr. Brown's Bottle Brush)
  • Narrow mouth (just almost the same size as the formula scoop we're using and the powder sometimes gets stuck on the side of the mouth)

Kid Kanteen Baby Bottle
9 oz bottle for $19.93

When Henson turned 5 months, we bought him a 9 oz. Klean Kanteen stainless steel baby bottle. We immediately liked it, the only issue is we got a Medium flow nipple and it's very messy when he drinks from it. Maybe because the flow is too fast for him and milk trickles down the sides of his mouth. So if you're thinking of buying one, go with the slow flow nipple. Although according to the description, slow flow is good for babies until 6 months, I find that we could still have used the slow flow even though Henson's 9 months already. It's still messy when he drinks from it. But I just put a bib on him every time, so it's not that big of a deal for us.
 
PROS 
  • No BPA, No Phthalates, No Lead
  • Unbreakable
  • Easy to clean (I use this bottle brush)
  • Less parts to clean
  • Wide mouth for easy filling, cleaning, and pouring
  • Made of 18/8 food grade stainless steel
  • Easy to warm up/cool down (just put under running hot/cold water from faucet for a couple of minutes)
CONS
  • Measurement lines inside are a little hard to see
  • Plastic lid is super tight and quite hard to pull off
  • More expensive compared to other bottles

After comparing the pros and cons, I'm leaning more towards the Kid Kanteen. I'm more of a stainless steel type of person. I'm actually thinking of trying out some of the other stainless steel baby bottles out there. Although they can be a bit pricey, I personally think they're a good investment. They last forever and you could use them again for your next baby.


Be inspired,


Let's Talk Baby Bottles Let's Talk Baby Bottles Reviewed by K on 4:49 PM Rating: 5

No comments: